Other than time-definite air deliveries, shipments are generally delivered anytime between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (and sometimes later) to residences, and by close of business for commercial addresses. UPS cannot schedule a specific delivery time within that window.
What Time Does UPS Deliver in My Zip Code UPS Ground parcel are normally delivered anytime Monday through Friday within the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (and sometimes later) to residences, and business addresses during their normal business hours Monday to Friday. Weekend delivery is achievable in eligible locations.UPS Ground packet cannot be programmed to come at a particular time of day. UPS express shipments have promised delivery times that vary by UPS service. Track your package for up-to-date status..
I’ve been tracking my package, but it doesn’t seem to be moving. Why?
Your package is still within the UPS network and, unless otherwise noted, should be delivered on the scheduled delivery date. Shipment movement information is captured each time a tracking label is scanned in the UPS delivery system. There may be several days between scans if the shipment is going cross-country or moving between countries.
If your shipment is expected to be in transit for more than a day between tracking scans, we will display the day and date of the Next Expected Tracking Event in the Shipment Progress area. This message does not mean that your shipment is behind schedule or stopped moving; it simply means that the tracking label might not be scanned for a while. We display the Next Expected Tracking Event so you can rest assured that your shipment is still moving even though no new tracking scans may appear for a while.
Common scans include the following:
- Arrival Scan: The shipment has arrived at a UPS facility.
- Delivered: The shipment has reached its destination, and the date and time of delivery have been recorded. In the U.S. and Canada, residential deliveries that do not require a signature may be left in a safe place, out of sight and out of weather. This could include the front porch, side door, back porch, or garage area. If you have instructed the driver to leave the shipment with a neighbor or leasing office, the driver will leave a UPS InfoNotice® at the delivery address.
- Departure Scan: The shipment has departed a UPS facility and is on its way to the next UPS facility. The shipment is moving; however, there may be several days between scans if the shipment is going cross-country or moving between countries.
- Destination Scan: The shipment has arrived at the local UPS facility responsible for final delivery.
- Exception: Action Required: The shipment is currently within the UPS network; however, more information regarding the delivery address is needed. The sender must provide the correct shipping address information to UPS.
- Export Scan: The shipment has cleared export procedures in the origin country.
- Given to Post Office for Delivery: At the request of the sender, UPS has given the package to the U.S. Postal Service to make the final delivery. This contractual service may require an additional one to two days for delivery.
- Import Scan: The shipment has cleared import procedures in the receiving country.
- Order Processed; In Transit to UPS: The shipment has been processed by the sender. Once the shipment is within the UPS network, an expected delivery date will be made available.
- Order Processed; Ready for UPS: UPS has received the electronic transmission of the shipment details and billing information for this shipment from the sender. Once the shipment is moving within the UPS network, the tracking status will be updated.
- Origin Scan: UPS has received the shipment.
- On Vehicle for Delivery: The shipment has reached the local UPS facility responsible for delivery and has been dispatched to a UPS driver. Other than time-definite air deliveries, shipments are generally delivered anytime between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (and sometimes later) to residences, and by close of business for commercial addresses. UPS cannot schedule a specific delivery time within that window. Up to three delivery attempts will be made, excluding weekends and holidays.
How do I determine the current status of my shipmen
In the U.S. and Canada, for national deliveries that require a signature, you can give commands for the driver if no one will be home. For example, you can ask that the shipment be delivered to a next-door-neighbor who will be home. If an adult sign is required and the sender has instructed us not to leave the parcel with a neighbor, we will make extra delivery try on the next business day. Freight that doesn’t need a signature can be left in a safe place at the driver’s responsibility. This could cover the front porch, side door, back porch, or garage area.
UPS Delivery Times by Zip Code
Can I see where my package is right now?
UPS My Choice® client can use the Follow My Delivery live map to see the location of select boxes in relation to the delivery address. The parcel icon updates each two to three minutes as the package travels towards its target.
Follow My Delivery is free for packages sent using UPS® Ground, UPS Next Day Air®, UPS Worldwide Express®, and UPS Worldwide Express Plus®.
We customize every map for your driver’s record and email you the link as soon as the driver starts his or her route.
The map will no longer be accessible after successful delivery or the end of the driver’s day. If we want to come back for another delivery try, we’ll send you an email that morning with a link to a different map.
Please note that the container icon on the map does not show the order of the driver’s stops or exact delivery time.
Can I See Where My UPS Truck Is?
UPS My Choice® members can use the Follow My Delivery live map to view the location of select parcel concerning the delivery location. The parcel icon updates every two to three minutes as the package moves towards its destination.
Does UPS Deliver on Weekend Saturday & Sunday – UPS makes the weekend work harder for you.
Yes UPS Deliver on Weekend from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
When the weekend comes, you don’t have to put the business on pause. UPS weekend pickup and delivery services can assist you to take more orders after your Friday pickup, turn inventory faster and, best of all, create happier customers.
- Saturday pickups for all service levels – UPS is the only integrated carrier according to Saturday package car pickups* for all service levels.
- Commercial delivery on Saturdays – UPS is the only combined carrier giving Saturday commercial delivery.
- Residential delivery to more than 100 metro areas over the U.S. on Saturday and Sunday.